Powerful data analytics software covering everything from simple statistical summaries to error correction and cycle time analysis
Gain Insight from Your Data
Extract insight from the data in your historian with Historian Client data analytics software. Share your data securely with co-workers and systems, whether on the operations, control, or business network. With Historian Client, troubleshooting, self-service reporting, and continuous process improvement become more effective.
Historian Client Users Report the Following Benefits:
- Enterprise-wide visibility into real-time data from Historian.
- Troubleshooting is faster, easier, and more precise.
- Self-service production and performance reports are immediately shareable via email or the web.
Add More Capacity, Efficiency, and Data Integrity
Historian Client accesses plant data stored in special history “extension” tables of the Historian. This surpasses functionality of Microsoft Transact-SQL by providing time domain extensions that allow for more useful retrieval of time-series data from these tables. The client can join data across multiple tables to retrieve data efficiently.
The Business Case
Such powerful and easy access to production data pays for itself many times over.
Increase Productivity and Lower Costs
Elimination of multiple versions of plant operating data increases productivity while lowering errors and operating costs.
Bridge the Gap Between IT and OT
More effective use of production data means greater alignment of operations and business strategy.
Improve Planning and Compliance
Historian Client includes multiple applications designed to maximise the value of data stored in Historian. Access to plant and process data through easy-to-use interfaces facilitates troubleshooting, flags inefficiencies, and eliminates the time-consuming process of locating data. All applications are available over the web using Information Server.
Applications and Reporting
Historian Client includes multiple applications designed to maximize the value of data stored in Historian. Access to plant and process data through easy-to-use interfaces facilitates troubleshooting, flags inefficiencies and eliminates the time-consuming process of locating data. All applications are available over the Web using Information Server.
- Trending – Chart and format trend presentations like a pro. Create impressive trend analysis for both real-time and historical data. Get to the root of problems faster. See where improvements can be made.
- Reporting – Create query reports in Microsoft Word quickly with this handy add-on. Save and publish Historian data reports in standard document formats using the Historian Query Client.
- Workbook – Create process data reports shared across the plant, intranet or internet, with this Excel add-on.
- Query – Create custom SQL queries without SQL expertise to use in tandem with other Historian Clients or as a standalone tool.
- WebReporting – Publish trends, reports and workbooks using Information Server via simple menu selections.
Web-Based Reporting Tools
- Table Weaver – dynamic, drill-through reports and data displays
- Intelligence – drill down reporting from Intelligent dashboards
- Insight – secure, cloud-based historian as a service to limit your IT costs and not your potential
- MES/Performance – OEE and equipment downtime reports and KPI dashboards
- MES/Operations – multiple reporting options including:
- Production events and formula reporting (usage and set points)
- Material consumption including comparisons of “plan versus actual”
- Consumption and genealogy of materials, equipment, personnel, and production events related to a lot, batch, or serial number
- Complete traceability and genealogy reporting to help you comply with government regulations
Historian Client Features
Visualisation, data management, analysis, and reporting features complement each other to help you understand your processes better.
High Availability and Business Continuity
Historian Client takes full advantage of Historian redundancy capabilities. If the primary historian goes offline, the Historian Client automatically switches to a secondary historian. Once the primary historian is back online, Historian Client automatically switches back to the primary without interruption to the user.
To enable seamless integration within your enterprise applications, Historian Clients have component objects that enable you to integrate powerful analytical and visual capabilities within your own applications.
Historian Client is built on System Platform, which allows unprecedented scalability and functional richness in industrial applications. With System Platform users can build complete production and performance management solutions using a single, integrated development platform — saving time and development resources. Applications can start small and grow into a complete enterprise solution as required.
Client Control Objects
A powerful library of component-based .NET and ActiveX control versions enables extension of the Historian Client to custom applications. These components are highly compatible with HMI InTouch and third-party container applications, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Visual Studio development system.
See What's Happening
Peek into your production runs, batch runs, or other operations, using your own browser or other applications such as Microsoft Office, InTouch HMI, or even custom software clients.
Chart and format presentations like a pro. Understand the past, experience the present, and even predict the future. Get to the root of problems faster, and see improvement paths more clearly.
Create custom SQL queries without SQL expertise to use in tandem with other Historian clients or as a standalone tool. Create queries in Microsoft Word quickly.
Put real-time and historical process data into the hands of all decision makers, including operators, engineers and operations managers; save and publish standard document formats, such as Microsoft Word documents and Excel workbooks.
Publish to the Web
Publish trends, reports and workbooks using Information Server via simple menu selections. Fail-safe properties allow switchover to redundant Historian servers, automatically, at any time.
Extend Your Reach
Integrate into other applications, with a full library of component-based .NET and ActiveX controls for extending other applications; use C# and .NET for integration into control architectures.
Learn more about Historian and customer applications with these resources.
If you’re among the 35% of all industrial facilities using...
Embrace Your Digital Transformation
Contact us to get started on your journey today.