My top 10 reasons why you should attend the Wonderware User Group
The AVEVA World Conference for North America is happening on September 10-13 in Dallas. Texas
If you have not heard, we are now part of the AVEVA Group of software based in the UK. Announced in 2017, Schneider Electric did a reverse takeover of AVEVA and that was completed this past March. We (all of Schneider Electric Software, including Wonderware) are now part of a global software company called AVEVA. Of course you will learn more about this huge software company, but you will also get the latest in Wonderware products and releases, updates on some of our sister brands within AVEVA and all of the education, networking and fun that comes along with one of these events.
Here we go. . . . My Top 10
- New Product Releases: the latest from Wonderware Online (this product has been on fire of late!) and the latest from many of the 30+ Wonderware software offerings.
- Come check out AVEVA! Learn about this large global software company (4,000 people strong!) and see some of their (our) offerings also.
- Hear from Customers like you. We go out of our way to invite and give customers the microphone. Not always easy to coordinate, but once complete, these sessions end up packed with clients.
- Product Roadmaps: Where are we going, what are we working on? Whether it is a specific session, or you hear it during a side discussion, you WILL hear about some ‘futures’ as much as we try to stick to the script!
- For those more technically apt then I, attend the DEEP DIVE sessions. They are not ‘training’ per se but many of my clients have come out of these sessions telling me how good their last ‘training’ session was. I know immediately they were probably in one of the deep dive sessions.
- The EXPO: Second to none. Our Product Management teams tries to bring in the Partners that complement our offering the best, whether that be a 3rd party application, a System Integrator – or an App for our new Digital Exchange. In addition, the EXPO houses many kiosks with the latest from Wonderware!
- Security or Cyber Security a concern? As a software company we address this topic every day. Whether a separate breakout, or more often than not, integral to many of the sessions, we will address your concerns around security.
- The Speakers. The Experts. Hear from people who know the products you are using. Whether they sit on the design team, or are an end user of that product or solution, you will always always always learn something new.
- Networking: This never gets old. I have been attending these for 28 years now and it is always a joy to see the ‘regulars’ while meeting new people just about every year. Also. . . Wonderware does not skimp on the ‘accessories’ required for networking either. Beer, wine and food are as plentiful as finding a Cowboy fan in Dallas!
- Oh hey, we are in Dallas! Call it your last fling before winter, with an average September temperature of ~90 degrees, come as you are and enjoy the Dallas weather and hospitality of Texas, Texans and the AVEVA / Wonderware team.
Starting in a Technical Support role, Joe has been working in the software industry for his entire career. Joe and his employer of 24 years (Wonderware Midwest) are an integral component of the automation industry the upper Midwest – a market they have served since 1985. Today Joe continues to work with customers daily and is the Director of Sales for Wonderware Midwest.