Hull Structural Design
A major challenge for a shipyard is to be able to manage the early design of a ship’s structure in a timely manner, without losing touch with a wide range of parameters. Among many other tasks, the shipyard’s design office, or their specialised design agents, need to define a hull structure that complies with classification society rules, to use Finite Element calculation methods to check the overall strength of the ship, and to estimate weight and material lists. And all of this in a setting where change is the rule rather than the exception.
AVEVA Hull Structural Design offers rapid definition and analysis during the structural design phases of a project. Its close integration with other AVEVA Marine applications ensures smooth and rapid design development, allowing parallel working between Structural and Detailed design. The preliminary structural definition and topological dependencies developed by AVEVA Hull Structural Design can be used in other AVEVA applications for detailed design and the preparation of production information.
Features and Capabilities
Reduced Time and Man-Hours
- Rapid creation of the ship’s 3D structural model enables early production of classification documents.
- Once created, the 3D model serves all project stages, including outfitting design and Finite Element Analysis.
- Concurrent working between detailed design and hull structural design saves time.
- Reuse earlier production designs for new ship projects, saving time and cost.
- Build up a library of proven design solutions.
Download Product Brochure
Better Design Quality
- Common 3D ship definition enables design updates to be fully controlled.
- Easy assessment of alternative design options and hull block splits enable better design and an optimum production sequence.
Embrace Your Digital Transformation.
Contact us to get started on your journey today.