Powerful, Proven and Productive. Supporting record-breaking innovation.
Ease of Use
Creating complex outfitting design requires rapid initial layout and often many adjustments and improvements as the design evolves. AVEVA Outfitting's functions have been developed over many years to make day-to-day design tasks quick and easy to perform. Graphical manipulators and workflow-orientated dialogues guide users through complex design scenarios. And, with Design in Context, users always have direct access to contextual information and documentation from other shipyard systems. Users can focus on the end product, not on the technology.
Quality and Manufacturability
AVEVA Outfitting embodies extensive rule- and catalogue-based functions, as well as years of industry experience so that design quality is built in as the work proceeds. A wide range of sophisticated design checks can be carried out to ensure the highest quality design. Typical of these is the ability to check piping designs for manufacturability on the actual production machines to be used. This helps designers create least-cost configurations, minimising waste and maximising shipyard productivity.
The more complex the vessel, the more important it is that hull and outfitting specialists can work together on the design. Outfitting designers create and develop their designs in context, with full visibility of the hull structure. Negotiating pipe routings, equipment placement or hull penetrations can be carried out quickly and clashes between hull and outfitting objects immediately highlighted for resolution with built-in features such as live clashing and penetration management.
Features and Capabilities
Optimum Materials and Resource Use
- Accurate and complete materials reports enable efficient procurement and materials management.
- Design rules optimise use of the shipyard's pipe bending machines.
Reduced Production Man-hours
- Consistent, accurate drawings and production information minimise errors and rework.
- Maximum steel hot work can be achieved before painting.
- Highly accurate cutting and marking information increase production efficiency.
Reduced Design Man-hours
- Powerful, special-purpose marine outfitting functions maximise design productivity.
- A single model database, rule-based design and sophisticated checking functions maximise design quality and minimise rework.
- Automatic creation of production information and 'on demand' drawing production minimise man-hours.
- Design reuse saves time and effort.
Embrace Your Digital Transformation.
Contact us to get started on your journey today.