Registration is currently closed for 2021.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.
AVEVA Academic Competition in collaboration with Dr. Richard Turton, author of Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes
Your chance to win an internship and enhance your resume
Register today to enter the 2021 Competition and apply your process design skills to solve a real-world design problem. A unique opportunity to develop your experience while being mentored and supported through the entire competition by AVEVA’s expert leaders.
This student competition will utilize the Process and Dynamic modes of the simulator in different parts of the problem. The problem will be a progression from a steady state process design to a pressure-driven dynamic simulation with some optimization, analysis, and control.
Rules and Conditions:
- Must be a student studying chemical engineering (n/a for PhD students)
- Must be residents of a EU country and currently living in a EU country
- Sign up between November 14th – January 31st, 2021 to be eligible
- We accept teams (up to 4 members per team)
Important dates to remember:
- February 1st - Project Problem Statement (Part 1) released
- March 14th - Part 1 submission due
- March 15th - Project Problem Statement (Part 2) released
- April 14th - Part 2 submission due
- April 15th - Project Problem Statement (Part 3) released
- May 15th - Part 3 submission due
We are offering:
- 1st prize – Winner for Best Overall receives $3,000 or opportunity to take internship with AVEVA
- 2nd prize – Winner for Best Steady State Simulation receives $1,000
- 3rd prize – Winner for Best Economics Optimization receives $1,000
- 4th prize – Winner for Best Dynamics receives $1,000
Learn more now by reading the terms and conditions.