AVEVA World Conference
11 - 14 Nov, 2019
Attending the AVEVA World Conference - North America can impact your career in many ways. You’ll learn about your industry’s trends, learn new skills, network - and hopefully, have fun. However, the packed agenda may seem overwhelming. From speakers, sessions, networking events and more - what can you do to maximize your time?
Do Some Prep Work Before Attending
- Study the agenda and itinerary to plan which sessions you’ll attend
- Plan your flights accordingly as not to miss anything, click here to view the schedule (link)
- Book your hotel
- Send out emails to anyone who may be attending you’d like to meet with
- Make sure you have enough business cards
Attend the Sessions That Will Help You the Most
- There will be more industry breakouts and keynotes than you can possibly attend based on your schedule. When planning out your days, take a look at the conference as a whole, then decide what will impact you the most and what you’re interested in. Try for a range of topics, and be sure to attend all networking events if you can.
- Don’t be hesitant to attend a session because it is not exactly like your company - you can learn from adjacent industries
- “Divide and conquer” based on the solution or industry that’s most appropriate to you
- During each session try and take notes, then at the end, write down your main takeaways and any follow-up you want to do on the topic or with the speakers.
Check out the EXPO
- AVEVA will be demoing products and solutions during your lunch time in the EXPO hall and also during EXPO night
- The EXPO hall will also feature other companies demoing products and solutions.
Connect with the Speakers
- The speakers are experts in their respective industry and people you’ll benefit from meeting. Ask questions during the breakout and try to say hello after. Be sure to leave them with a business card and grab theirs!
Put Away Your Phone
- During keynotes and breakouts, put your phone on silent or put it away completely (unless you’re using it to take notes This will help you remain focused on what’s being presented to you.
Do Some Follow-up After Attending
- After returning from AVEVA World Conference - North America, send a personal follow-up to everyone you met/enjoyed talking to either through email or connecting on LinkedIn. For anyone you want to specifically do business with, try and set up a phone call or meeting.
AVEVA World Conference - North America is one of the best ways to understand what’s trending in the industry and how technical innovation can impact your profession. With these tips, you’ll be able to make the most of your time.