AutoSave for System Platform
Advanced change management for System Platform
About AutoSave for System Platform
Change is inevitable. If not managed correctly it can be costly and even dangerous.
Excelling within an ever-changing automation environment is what AutoSave for System Platform is all about. It change-proofs the software environment by providing highly structured management of modifications to software objects such as graphics, templates, and instances.
- Increases system control management
- Delivers higher application integrity assurance
- Lowers system risk
- Lowers lifecycle maintenance costs
- Instills greater confidence and flexibility in design
- Provides greater peace of mind
- Real-time tracking of design changes
- Undo changes, including deletions
- Advanced disaster recovery
- Detailed object comparison and analysis
- Full galaxy backups and revisions
- Rollback to any point in time
- Expandable to track automation devices
Built Upon MDT AutoSave
As the automation industry’s most advanced change management and version control software, AutoSave for System Platform gives users the ability to protect, save, restore, discover, and track changes not only to galaxy objects but also to industrial programmable devices and plant floor documents.
The AutoSave Server stores version history and revision detail for each galaxy object. Users audit change history via the AutoSave Client, which enables intuitive comparisons between version and easy restoration to prior states is necessary.
Capture Changes in Real Time
The AutoSave for System Platform server software runs on the System Platform Galaxy Repository (GR) system and monitors incoming activity while capturing changes as they are made. By actively managing the GR, AutoSave for System Platform can track changes for multiple users, simultaneously. Its intuitive client interface provides access to historical data archived in the AutoSave Server, including graphical objects, templates, client controls and managed InTouch applications.
- Additional tabs of information, such as “Inheritance” and “Derivation” provide additional data not found in the IDE
- Comparing graphical objects and templates or restoring a prior revision is only a click away
Easy, Three-Step Installation
- Install the AutoSave Server: This is the archive/repository for the revision, user, client, and other information. It can be a new installation or expansion of your existing AutoSave installation (v5.06 or above).
- Install AutoSave for System Platform: This installs as a service on the Galaxy Repository, this updating the database and, monitoring for any incoming activity or changes.
- Run the automated Galaxy Export: The final step is to load the entire galaxy into AutoSave to establish a baseline for all objects.
Once installed, AutoSave for System Platform works in the background and is updated whenever changes occur in the Galaxy Repository.
At the heart of AutoSave for System Platform is change management technology from MDT, the company that invented change management software for programmable devices more than 20 years ago. Today, the world’s largest manufacturers safeguard their automation MDT solutions. They are securing software assets, reducing time and problems related to changes, complying with regulatory requirements for audit trails and change authorisation, and providing rapid recovery from failures.
Any System Platform installation will benefit from AutoSaveespecially those in the food and beverage, life sciences, mining, petrochemical, and utilities industries, where change management and version control are most critical. MDT AutoSave is currently being used in each of these industries, with some companies using it to manage thousands of automation devices per site.
Embrace Your Digital Transformation
Contact us to get started on your journey today.