Redefining Engineering Process Simulation with Unveiling of SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities
LAKE FOREST, Calif. – Jan 10, 2017 – AVEVA, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced availability of SimSci SimCentral Simulation Platform ™ for Process Utilities, a new platform to manage how processes are engineered across their entire lifecycle. With this platform, users can streamline process utility design, collaborate for process improvement and simplify modeling complexity. Benefits include reduced time and cost, an appealing user experience for the next generation of engineers and accelerated process simulation and design.
Simulation tools used by process engineers in the Oil & Gas, Refining, Utility and Chemical industries trace their origins to legacy architectures, operating systems and user interfaces. Global competition, pricing pressure and energy alternatives are now driving the need for a new approach. The next generation of workers expect modern, scalable and easy to use solutions with technology they now take for granted – high speed Internet access, mobile devices, touch screens and virtual reality.
SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities is the first release in decades with a process simulator built from the ground up. Its user experience is far superior and intuitive than competitive offerings. As the first commercially available platform designed to take full advantage of current web and cloud technologies, SimCentral Simulation Platform delivers a modern user experience that embraces the expectations of the next generation of workers, helping to accelerate adoption, usage and time-to-value.
Process design engineers working at Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) firms, Operating companies and Process Licensor organizations recognize the value of SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities. As one example, WorleyParsons (an EPC professional services company) was an early adopter, having recognized an acute need for a better process simulation work environment.
“By removing complexity from engineering process modeling, SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities lets WorleyParsons deliver more value and respond faster to our client’s needs, helping us to deliver greater service excellence,” said Loïc Coyot, Principal/Lead Process Engineer at WorleyParsons.
“SimCentral Simulation Platform is an example of an application that delivers greater value to the engineering community through improved performance. By enhancing the user experience, AVEVA Software allows us to simulate with greater efficiency, resulting in our ability to provide more high quality process design to our clients in less time,” continued Coyot.
“AVEVA is committed to empowering our customers to drive innovation at every level of their organization. SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities is part of that initiative, giving process engineers a comprehensive application to visualize, test and implement process improvement at a speed and quality never seen before in our industry,” said Tobias Scheele, Senior Vice President Software, Global Solutions at AVEVA.
Key new features and functionalities of SimSci SimCentral Simulation Platform for Process Utilities include:
- Unified lifecycle simulation – a model can be taken through all stages of the plant lifecycle, including across design, training and operations
- Ease of use – a modern user interface puts user first, showing relevant features and libraries; role-based library views ease navigation, equation views are easier to see and change
- Expanded problem solving – an intuitive model writing environment unlocks new operations and equations modeling to solve simulation challenges previously considered not solvable
- Unprecedented interactivity & control – a “Continuously Solved” approach is possible whereby changes to input variables can directly update all output variables
- Faster calculation speed – an advanced design accommodates public or private cloud computing environments to scale performance speed as needed
- Collaborative engineering – as a productivity feature, users can concurrently work on the same model across regional time zones, departments or other organizations
Learn more here: Process Design