Astron Energy, a leading independent refiner in South Africa, re-architected its crude assay management process in three months to take over crude analysis and assay database maintenance previously managed by its super major parent company. AVEVA Unified Supply Chain, in the cloud, enabled Enterprise Crude Knowledge Management by streamlining crude analysis and new workflows for improved collaboration across diverse teams.
Astron Energy unlocked competitive advantage and maximized profitability by deploying a single application for crude oil evaluation, tracking cargo quality and variability, exploring potential blends, and accurately characterizing the oil crude feed to the refinery – enabling Enterprise Crude Knowledge Management.
- Quickly transform crude assay management process from reliance on super major parent to independent capability, without disruption to the business.
- Increase accuracy of flow rates and material properties, allowing teams to push operational limits and maximize profitability.
- Improve crude assay data management to easily share information across users and to automate workflows for efficient refinery operations and decision support.
- Predicting characteristics of refinery feed from a central tank, that receives various crudes with limited mixing – inaccurate predictions result in $10,000 - $15,000 per day cost to the business.
- Managing additional assay management work and activities using existing refinery headcount.
- Building technology and processes to operate as an independent refiner.
- Complete re-design of crude assay management business process in less than three months with seamless transition for users.
- Over 50% reduction in time to create assays from laboratory samples with easy sharing to the planning team for LP modeling.
- Improved refinery margin through more accurate prediction of crude oil properties.
- Reduction in IT costs and faster software updates using AVEVA-hosted cloud solution.
Related Success Stories
Astron Energy Transforms Crude Assay Management Process and Reduces Assay Creation Time by 50%
Cloud-based AVEVA Unified Supply Chain solution deployed in three months, bringing flexibility and agility to the business.
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.