After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS with an integrated AVEVA control and safety system, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time.
- To replace and upgrade the existing integrated control and safety systems
- To achieve ‘First Oil’ on time in order to avoid contract penalties and lost production
- To maximize the availability/uptime of the control and safety systems and to minimize the total cost of ownership
- The Project teams are located in multiple locations, that is, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Germany and Singapore
- Process data from the new ICSS, including serial interfaces, safety systems and new I/Os, were available only in the very late stages before the planned FAT
- The original DCS had to be kept ‘alive’ as long as possible and the existing safety systems had to remain operational with just a few hours available to upgrade
- After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS systems and implementing a new integrated control and safety systems on the Glas Dowr, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time
- Bluewater and its customer can now monitor the control and safety systems, both on and offshore, in real time
Related Success Stories Headline
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
Wonderware’s largest VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.