After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS with an integrated AVEVA control and safety system, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time.
- To replace and upgrade the existing integrated control and safety systems
- To achieve ‘First Oil’ on time in order to avoid contract penalties and lost production
- To maximize the availability/uptime of the control and safety systems and to minimize the total cost of ownership
- The Project teams are located in multiple locations, that is, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Germany and Singapore
- Process data from the new ICSS, including serial interfaces, safety systems and new I/Os, were available only in the very late stages before the planned FAT
- The original DCS had to be kept ‘alive’ as long as possible and the existing safety systems had to remain operational with just a few hours available to upgrade
- After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS systems and implementing a new integrated control and safety systems on the Glas Dowr, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time
- Bluewater and its customer can now monitor the control and safety systems, both on and offshore, in real time
Related Success Stories
Petroleum Development Oman
Petroleum Development Oman uses AVEVA NET to enable accurate, detailed asset information visualization across the organization, providing users with access and ...
Idemitsu Kosan Transforms its Refining Operations with AVEVA’s Value Chain Optimization Solution
Japanese energy company, Idemitsu Kosan, transforms its refining operations with AVEVA’s Value Chain Optimization solution, improving margins on refineries, ...
BP Revolutionizes its Oil & Gas Downstream Business with AVEVA’s Solution in the Cloud
BP drives improved margins across its global downstream business, cutting crude purchase decision time from two days to less than two hours.
Astron Energy Transforms Crude Assay Management Process and Reduces Assay Creation Time by 50%
Cloud-based AVEVA Unified Supply Chain solution deployed in three months, bringing flexibility and agility to the business.
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.