AVEVA-based solution automates the control of the shipping container facility for Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) at the Port of Hamburg, one of the world’s largest and busiest sea ports.
- HHLA needed to double its container capacity at its Burchardkai container terminal
- The company required an automation process that could accommodate a new warehousing business objective of increasing container stacking capabilities from three to five stories
- HHLA needed to implement a restructured and expanded power and lighting strategy to manage the new container stacking method
- With shipments arriving 24/7, HHLA operators were tasked with managing control processes and monitoring the technical operational devices at the Burchardkai container terminal on an aggressive, non-stop time schedule
- Central control of the terminal processes was not available, reducing the overall effectiveness of the facility managers
- With the implementation of standards, HHLA can easily make modifications to the entire system regardless of vendor-specific hardware or software
- The integrated modularity of the solution provides extensive scalability which enables HHLA to expand and enhance the control system to achieve its goal of doubling the capacity of its container management business
- The solution offers flexibility that enables HHLA to duplicate the control system at its other container terminals in the future
Related Success Stories
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.