AVEVA ensures control and safety excellence by addressing system obsolescence at the GDF Suez Teesside combined cycle gas turbine power-generating facility in Northeast England.
- GDF Suez initiated a plan to split control of a 14.7-kilometer gas pipeline running between its Teesside Power Station and a gas reception facility and a gas processing plant which provides dual natural gas fuel supplies for the plant
- A robust solution was needed to replace signals originally collected by kilo-stream telemetry and then transmitted via analog telephone lines through a gateway to the distributed control system at the gas processing plant
- Relocate the control facilities and associated data to the control room at the TPS
- The company mandated that the power station control system update occur live, because shutting down the natural gas supply pipeline would incur significant financial losses
- The AVEVA solution delivered greater system efficiencies as obsolete equipment was upgraded to current power facility control technology
- GDF Suez benefited from improved engineering know-how that enables plant managers to better analyze possible problems and enhance and modify the control system as required
- The power station now has improved overall safety since signal collection at much higher frequencies provides real-time data to more immediately identify and address potential issues
Related Success Stories
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
Wonderware’s largest VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.