Wonderware unifies the network of station management systems for the Gautrain commuter high-speed rail system in South Africa.
- To construct a high-speed commuter railway that connected the Johannesburg city centre, surrounding suburbs, and international airport
- The team needed to implement a safe and efficient tunnel ventilation system to address various emergency provisions, including fire scenarios, pressurisation, and smoke removal
- The project required the development and deployment of applications that could be easily viewed and controlled from a central command center
- The solution helped the operation of a rail line used by 62,000 riders a day, operating on 80 kilometers (km) of railway tracks
- Bombela was able to complete this phase of the project ahead of schedule, enabling Gautrain to be up and running in time to provide service to the influx of more than 300,000 visitors attending the 2010 World Cup
- The solution integrated the railways 11 sites, while meeting the demanding requirement for 99.7% system availability
- The system’s object-oriented technology enables quick replication and deployment of applications among the various railway sites, reducing engineering cost when new projects are commissioned, or when modifications and upgrades to existing systems are necessary
- The automated software allows for faster operator response times due to new navigation techniques that help them establish alarms and identify faulty equipment more quickly
Related Success Stories
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.