The Spokane Water Department grows with a new AVEVA SCADA solution while also enjoying ease of use, improved data collection and evaluation and scalability for the future.
- Transition from a limited-capacity system to a new, more scalable water management solution
- The new solution needed to enable operators to make changes and additions without outside technical assistance
- The former SCADA system was limited to 48 sites and was not adaptable to Spokane’s growing needs
- Obsolete telemetry caused slow communications between the central control site and remote stations
- The Upriver Dam generates over 70 million kilowatts of electricity annually, which is enough to power the water plant, contributing to the department’s sustainability efforts
- Lost water rates, measuring water wasted due to leaks, inaccurate metering or slow repairs are at 6%, among the lowest in the nation
- The AVEVA system enables remote monitoring and control which has cut the frequency of travel to stations by about two-thirds while saving on vehicle and fuel costs
- The redundant SCADA system guarantees 24/7 uninterrupted operations for the City of Spokane
- The solution’s scalable architecture and object-based implementation empower in-house staff to deploy applications and perform changes without outside help
Related Success Stories
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
AVEVA delivers the Panorama Digital Command Centre at ADNOC, visualising their global distribution network on a state of the art 50-meter video wall for a ...
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.