“Previously, most decisions were made based on hunches rather than facts. With Aquis Water Network Management, this has changed completely.” Frits Klemmensen, Engineer, Kalundborg Forsyning
- With a limited overview of the water distribution network, operators were less likely to make the best possible decision when emergencies arose.
- The water network is now divided into sections, each with section wells that provide flow and pressure measurements. This network section structure is an integral part of Aquis Water Network Management’ functionality and it allows operators to compare the expected water consumption with the actual amount of water flowing into the section. As the model runs based on real-time data, it offers a larger variety of solutions than traditional network models since it is possible to run calculations based on current situations rather than on static average daily consumption.
- Greatly increased overview, insight and flexibility
- Enabled operators to adjust scenarios to visualize the consequences of different planning strategies
- Enabled operators to make faster and more efficient responses to water pollution-related emergencies
- Enabled the ability to choose and install the right pipe for the job, greatly reducing maintenance costs
- Provided ability to view information about consumer supply pressure in real time
- Provided ability to send information to specific consumers such as a planned, temporary closing of the water supply
- Empowered better day-to-day operational control, including the ability to mitigate and predict problems that may occur
- Enabled insight via real-time data about the various hydraulic properties for improved water quality monitoring
Related Success Stories
150-Year-Old Danish Water Utility Boosts Network Operational Efficiency with Aquis Water Network Management Software
Aquis Water Network Management Software Provides Kalundborg Forsyning Optimized Knowledge Sharing and Improved Customer Service
Ølgod Tekniske Værker
Ølgod now obtains accurate and timely information on water pressure, flow and direction in the network. In the case of a contamination, Ølgod is able to know ...
Naples’ primary water management service provider implements AVEVA-powered remote control system to provide 1.5 million customers with clean water daily.
Pima County reduces operating costs, increases efficiency and improves safety at wastewater reclamation facilities with implementation of Situational Awareness.
Long Beach Water Department
A comprehensive SCADA system helps a team manage information from the district's water system consisting of nearly 30,000 data points at 85 major equipment ...
Puerto Rico Water and Sewage Authority
AVEVA helps improve the efficiency and effectiveness of water operations with an effective security system, high-speed historical data collection and ...
Eau de Paris
Solution based on InTouch Uses AutoCAD and Video to Ensure Water Distribution in Paris
The AVEVA information software solutions help Pinellas County Utilities provide safe, high-quality water and wastewater services to its customers.
Società Risorse Idriche Calabresi
Società Risorse Idriche Calabresi is responsible for a far-reaching system that covers approx. 6,000 kilometers and is comprised of 200 aqueduct systems, 4 ...
Cairns Water uses AVEVA for the water and wastewater management, as well as solid waste and recycling services for the 145,000 people in Cairns, Australia.
Spokane Water Department
The Spokane Water Department grows with a new SCADA solution while also enjoying ease of use, improved data collection and evaluation.
Vaasan Vesi, City of Vaasa, Finland
City of Vaasa gets quick upgrade to higher reliability and functionality with AVEVA solution.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
AVEVA delivers OCWA increased efficiency and cost control, scalability, and standardisation. Additional reporting capabilities help provide higher service ...
City of Thunder Bay
AVEVA SCADA solution provides ease of use, quick payback and expansion for the City of Thunder Bay’s new water treatment plant.
Yellow River Conservancy Commission
AVEVA Products Help Water Commission for China’s Yellow River Reduce Engineering Time, Cost and Effort
City Of Toronto
AVEVA impressed with the ease of efficiency with which information previously unavailable to The Water & Wastewater Division of Toronto Works can now be ...
Seminole County Water Division relies on SmartGlance Mobile Reports to ensure the safety of drinking water for more than 440,000 residents in central Florida.
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.