Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the SimSci immersive virtual reality environment.
"The SimSci simulator helps in plant safety and combined with Smart Training supports the efficient overall operation of the refinery."
– Jamal Abdul-Hameed Al-Humoud; Manager, Research & Technology Group
- To ensure the safest oil refining operation by using the latest in 3D simulator training technology
- To effectively train both field and control employees to address refinery tasks quickly and efficiently
- To capture and knowledge-transfer best practices to new employees to increase efficiency and reduce operations and maintenance costs
- The company established new more extensive training requirements for its employees
- Kuwait Oil’s aging workforce required the successful transfer of knowledge to its new generation of plant operators
- Management needed to maintain efficient production while at the same time ensure worker safety and competence
- EYESIM helps the company to prepare new operators even before they step into new working environments
- Kuwait Oil can now better execute efficient training for its field and control room operators by means of a High-Fidelity Process Simulation coupled with a Virtual Walk-through Plant Environment
- 3D visualization training using EYESIM enhances safety resulting in fewer accidents, which avoids costly plant shutdowns
Related Success Stories Headline
Stay in the know: Keep up to date on the latest happenings around the industry.
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
Wonderware’s largest VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.