Lonmin Plc replaced its existing iFIX SCADA system at the platinum smelter in Marikana, with a modern solution based on System Platform.
- Replace existing iFIX SCADA system with a modern, supported solution that would provide world-class technical and operational functionality
- Develop plant and company standards
- Reconfiguring 300 000 I/O and redeveloping 530 SCADA screens without loss of production
- Prove the effectiveness of the chosen solution against all others and the ability of Lonmin to own the solution
- Tight time and budget constraints
- Concurrent running of old and new systems
- Simultaneous development by multiple SIs
- Enhanced performance
- Single set of standards
- Easier maintainability
- Superior reporting and delivery
- Fully-supported, constantly current software
- Ensured continued operation of production processes
Related Success Stories
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
Wonderware’s largest VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.