Oulu, Finland – In today’s high-tech world, the ancient industry of mining is more important than ever. Modern electronic devices can have more than 35 different minerals in them. Those same electronic devices often leave students disconnected from the practical world around them. The Oulu Mining School within the University of Oulu seeks to connect students with the practical application of mineral processing to support the ongoing revival of the Finnish mining industry.
- Launch students into the mining world fully equipped
- Support the advancement of teaching
- Transform classroom time to link theory to practice
- Students entering the real world were not familiar with the practical part of the mining process
- Access to real world tools from AVEVA and Schneider Electric
- The pilot plant uses the same processes as a fullscale plant
- Students are prepared to innovate in a real working environment
Related Success Stories
University of Oulu
The University of Oulu prepares engineering students for the modern mining industry with help from AVEVA Dynamic Simulation and control tools in a unique mini ...
Black Rock Mine Operations (BRMO)
South African mining company leverages AVEVA software to centralise operations, consolidate its value chain, and increase situational awareness among three ...
AVEVA worked closely with Roy Hill to develop a greenfield iron ore mining site, connecting the entire value chain with industry leading efficiency from pit to ...
Lonmin Mining Co.
With AVEVA software solutions, Lonmin Mining Co. has achieved a centralized operations and data management system enhancing its platinum mining operations.
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.