PPC replaced their existing 30-year-old electrical and control systems with a sophisticated technology based on System Platform and Historian– a major upgrade that took more than a little courage and commitment.
- Replacement of legacy control system
- Establishing a centralized control room
- Ensuring the effective measurement of KPIs, logging and trending
- Installing a distributed PLC network
- Translating the old system into PLC / SCADA control
- Adding a new Historian server
- Replacing all redundant electrical equipment
- Installing new instrumentation
- Replacing 30 years of control system evolution in five weeks while maintaining operations and mitigating potential interruptions
- Migrating operators who, for decades, have known exactly which button to push
- Achieved PPC objectives within time and budget constraints
- Systems made best use of the existing PPC investment
- Operator buy-in, early ownership and easier change management through the ability to change the system to their liking cost effectively
- Standards based on best practices will facilitate future upgrades
- Four-screen design and navigation standard lets operators see everything at a glance
Related Success Stories
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
Wonderware’s largest VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates it into a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.