GenOn Energy is using a AVEVA plant simulation solution to train power station operators, as well as to improve operating procedures and process efficiencies.
- GenOn Energy needed to develop a training program to enable the easy transfer of technical knowledge and real-world experience from veteran power plant operators to new trainees in the shortest possible time period
- The company required a training solution that could deliver a high-fidelity model of the Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) waste coal-fired combustion process
- Seward Generating Station management had to overcome initial skepticism from veteran operators that a computer simulator solution could replicate the intricacies and nuances of running an advanced technology waste coalfired power station
- New equipment and upgrades required the testing of alternative procedures and processes, which needed to be conducted without impacting live plant operations
- The simulator is successfully being used to qualify new trainees and simulation training has standardized responses to specific problem or error conditions
- All control changes are first made and tested on the simulator before implementing in the plant, improving operational efficiencies and adding higher levels of confidence to control room management
Related Success Stories
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.