GenOn Energy is using a AVEVA plant simulation solution to train power station operators, as well as to improve operating procedures and process efficiencies.
- GenOn Energy needed to develop a training program to enable the easy transfer of technical knowledge and real-world experience from veteran power plant operators to new trainees in the shortest possible time period
- The company required a training solution that could deliver a high-fidelity model of the Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) waste coal-fired combustion process
- Seward Generating Station management had to overcome initial skepticism from veteran operators that a computer simulator solution could replicate the intricacies and nuances of running an advanced technology waste coalfired power station
- New equipment and upgrades required the testing of alternative procedures and processes, which needed to be conducted without impacting live plant operations
- The simulator is successfully being used to qualify new trainees and simulation training has standardized responses to specific problem or error conditions
- All control changes are first made and tested on the simulator before implementing in the plant, improving operational efficiencies and adding higher levels of confidence to control room management
Related Success Stories Headline
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.