- Train personnel on the newly-commissioned DCS to reduce operational incidents, increase uptime, and equip operators to respond to emergencies
- Maintain a high level of performance for experienced operators and new hires alike
- Quickly and effectively prepare new plant operators to work in actual control room and field environments
- A well-run plant offers only infrequent opportunities for on-the-job training for critical and emergency scenarios, so engineers must be trained and tested through simulations
- Expected retirements and attrition of existing workers will require many new operators to be trained quickly
- Within the first year, 22 FFC engineers have become OTS instructors; they have conducted 130 training sessions for nearly 100 management and staff operators
- Plant operators have benefitted from best-in-class training and are empowered to respond confidently and consistently in real time
- With the OTS, training time has decreased from years to months
- Unscheduled shutdowns are significantly reduced, plant startup and shutdown is more efficient, and emergencies have been handled smoothly
Related Success Stories
Idemitsu Kosan Transforms its Refining Operations with AVEVA’s Value Chain Optimization Solution
Japanese energy company, Idemitsu Kosan, transforms its refining operations with AVEVA’s Value Chain Optimization solution, improving margins on refineries, ...
BP Revolutionizes its Oil & Gas Downstream Business with AVEVA’s Solution in the Cloud
BP drives improved margins across its global downstream business, cutting crude purchase decision time from two days to less than two hours.
Astron Energy Transforms Crude Assay Management Process and Reduces Assay Creation Time by 50%
Cloud-based AVEVA Unified Supply Chain solution deployed in three months, bringing flexibility and agility to the business.
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.