"With the integration of AVEVA software, Xcellerex has been able to deploy FlexFactory manufacturing capacity very quickly, resulting in an overall reduction in development time of nearly 60%. This directly impacts customers with reduced costs and shorter time to market. In fact, we’ve been able to reduce deployment time from 3-5 years to an amazing 12-18 months. This results in huge implementation savings and the ability to begin producing high-value product 2 to 4 years sooner than traditional technology."
– John A. Chickosky, Chief Commercial Officer and President, Biosystems
FlexFactory, from Massachusetts-based Xcellerex, utilises AVEVA to create biotherapeutics and vaccines manufacturing solutions more efficiently.
- Address the growing demands in the biomedical market space for more effective biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Develop a solution that would define a model for improving how biopharmaceuticals, vaccines and other therapeutics are developed, manufactured and commercialized
- Integrating complex technology with ultra-high levels of functionality was considered the greatest challenge in creating a bio-manufacturing platform that employs a single-use technology, controlled environment modules, process automation, and electronic batch records
- Xcellerex FlexFactory enables companies to achieve significant cost savings in several areas, including a capital investment reduction that can exceed 60%
- The solution decreases the facility space required by 40%, lessens water usage and waste by 85%, and lowers the overall cost of finished products by 32%
- FlexFactory reduces deployment time from three to five years to 12 to 18 months, which enables the production of high-value products two to four years sooner than traditional technology
- The solution achieves an overall reduction in development time of nearly 60%, with an estimated 80% saving in rework time, which reduces costs and shortens time to market
Related Success Stories
BP Revolutionizes its Oil & Gas Downstream Business with AVEVA’s Solution in the Cloud
BP drives improved margins across its global downstream business, cutting crude purchase decision time from two days to less than two hours.
Astron Energy Transforms Crude Assay Management Process and Reduces Assay Creation Time by 50%
Cloud-based AVEVA Unified Supply Chain solution deployed in three months, bringing flexibility and agility to the business.
With Cloud OTS from AVEVA and two full scale training centers, Total OLEUM can expand its ability to train operators across the corporation without investing ...
Serbian energy company must centralise system and automate operations to gain improved control of ever-expanding operational territory. AVEVA is the answer.
PML Exploration Services
Real-time information ensures the most affordable, efficient and safe drilling of oil wells, which is why PML Exploration Service relies on the built in ...
Leading oil & gas service company delivers Johan Sverdrup drilling platform on time and under budget by leveraging AVEVA’s powerful engineering and design ...
Apply Sørco, a Norwegian engineering company based in Starvanger, embraced new technologies to win contracts with big clients demanding lower costs.
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) captures the inherent value in the knowledge base of its workforce, and integrates it into a comprehensive training program through ...
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.