"With the integration of AVEVA software, Xcellerex has been able to deploy FlexFactory manufacturing capacity very quickly, resulting in an overall reduction in development time of nearly 60%. This directly impacts customers with reduced costs and shorter time to market. In fact, we’ve been able to reduce deployment time from 3-5 years to an amazing 12-18 months. This results in huge implementation savings and the ability to begin producing high-value product 2 to 4 years sooner than traditional technology."
– John A. Chickosky, Chief Commercial Officer and President, Biosystems
FlexFactory, from Massachusetts-based Xcellerex, utilises AVEVA to create biotherapeutics and vaccines manufacturing solutions more efficiently.
- Address the growing demands in the biomedical market space for more effective biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Develop a solution that would define a model for improving how biopharmaceuticals, vaccines and other therapeutics are developed, manufactured and commercialized
- Integrating complex technology with ultra-high levels of functionality was considered the greatest challenge in creating a bio-manufacturing platform that employs a single-use technology, controlled environment modules, process automation, and electronic batch records
- Xcellerex FlexFactory enables companies to achieve significant cost savings in several areas, including a capital investment reduction that can exceed 60%
- The solution decreases the facility space required by 40%, lessens water usage and waste by 85%, and lowers the overall cost of finished products by 32%
- FlexFactory reduces deployment time from three to five years to 12 to 18 months, which enables the production of high-value products two to four years sooner than traditional technology
- The solution achieves an overall reduction in development time of nearly 60%, with an estimated 80% saving in rework time, which reduces costs and shortens time to market
Related Success Stories Headline
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd.
Sakhalin Energy operates the world’s largest oil and gas development and used AVEVA to streamline its contract management process.
Yamal LNG is the most northern liquefied natural gas project in the world, and used AVEVA to enhance collaborations in this joint venture.
With AVEVA, TekSolv improves oil/gas and water/wastewater site management processes, and reduces project deployment time to only minutes or hours instead of ...
The largest AVEVA VAR/OEM customer depends on the software to provide powerful capabilities and versatility to support worldwide growth
Using IntelaTrac Mobile Operator Rounds to accelerate and sustain process improvements, Chevron has reduced maintenance costs, improved availability and ...
Kuwait Oil Company
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) integrates a comprehensive training program through the Simulation Platform immersive virtual reality environment.
AVEVA Enterprise Asset Management software helps Western Refining manage maintenance activities, track materials, maintenance employees, contract labor, and ...
The AVEVA Mobile Operator Rounds solution at Infineum has allowed the operational procedures for visual inspections of equipment to be optimized and ...
Chevron Oronite Company LLC
System Platform and MES/Equipment Operations Module at Chevron Oronite makes it easy to connect to the ERP application while monitoring the production of ...
Sign up for our newsletter and get all the latest information straight from the source.