Spiral Unified Supply Chain Management – Enterprise Crude Knowledge Management
1-2 October 2018
This course introduces the concept of Enterprise Crude Knowledge Management (ECKM) using the Assay modules of Spiral Unified Supply Chain Management. By using a combination of presentation material and hands-on examples, using desktop, web and programmatic interfaces, the course attendee will gain a thorough understanding of the value of using a unified system for managing crude data and knowledge throughout their organisation.
This course will use presentation material and practical examples to deepen the attendee’s understanding of ECKM in context. Presentations will cover the concept, and our experience of deploying ECKM, while practical elements will introduce all areas of the software by using workflow-driven examples.
The practical element of the course follows the following main workflow categories. In each of the categories, a number of workflows will be explored. Some example workflows are given below.
- Diversify crude basket
- Using crude approval grids to configure plant constraints
- Using blend tools to identify attractive blends
- Use netback to explore commercial viability of new crudes
- Understand broad patterns in crude quality
- Use cargo tracking to understand quality variation over time
- Use historical database crudes to compare and understand expected variations
- Use AssayUpdate to understand impact of fundamental quality shifts on overall refining value
- Maintain crude database
- Generate new assay from laboratory data and share across the organization
- Define and maintain assay shares to segregate assays according to workflow requirements
- Define workflows for distributed assay workup process, with approval steps mediated by forum use and alerting
- Maintain representative crude unit distillation models
- Capture cargo-to-cargo variation
- Proactively maintain representative assays for planning/scheduling/RTO by selecting alternative assays for a crude grade
- Using cargo tracking to invoke assay update; assess and review; feed data to RTO and/or scheduling
No experience is needed with our software. Anybody interested in understanding our concept of enterprise-wide crude knowledge management through workflow-examples. Attendeees may be from refinery managers to end users.
Some understanding about the role that crude assays play in modelling the refinery.
Instructor lead classroom course, working through a training manual with hands-on real-world workflows in Spiral Assay, encompassing desktop, web and SDK interfaces.